WHO WE ARE
Gene and Deborah Burroughs
Pastor Gene has been serving the the Lord for over 36 years, serving as Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor, Missions Pastor, Evangelist, and More. He is also the founder of Outreach America, a published author, and director/ speaker at numerous camps and retreats for children and adults throughout the U.S. WIth roots in the Pentecostal movement and over 20 years as a Former Calvary Chapel Pastor, Gene is dedicated to the preaching and study, both of and through the Word accompanied with the move of the Spirit and the use of spiritual gifts. Pastor Gene was married to his first wife Dawn for 32 years prior to her departure to heaven as the result of pancreatic cancer. He and Deborah (also a widow) have were married in 2011 and are the parents of 14 children (6 adopted), and 22 grandchildren. Their story is one movies are made of and books are written on. God has truly annointed and blessed their lives and union.
Pastor Deborah is a gifted teacher, prophet, and preacher. The daughter of a Southern Baptist minister with roots in the Church of God and the Four Square denominations, she too is a well-rounded pastor with a focus on the Word and the use of spiritual gifts as well. Her preaching will wake you up and challenge you to walk worthy of your calling. Deborah was married to her first husband pastor Brian Officer for 30 years until his departure into heaven as the result of lymphoma cancer. She and Gene were married in 2011, combined they have 14 children (6 adopted), and 24 grandchildren. They moved from northern California in June of 2012 at the calling of the Lord to Navarre, Florida. In 2016 the Lord blessed her with the home of her dreams, the home she had been praying for, for over two years, located in Valparaiso FL.
New Beginnings Emerald Coast is the culmination of years of prayer, fasting, and more, as the Lord has led Gene and Deborah. After joining Evangel Fellowship International. In January of 2018 it became apparent to the Burroughs and others that it was time to leave Florida, return to Redding CA and begin a new work. With a heavy emphasis on Equipping the Saints, Service to the Local Community, Five Fold Ministry, and Forgien Missions, New Beginnings (NBEC), is while not unique in its calling quite unique in its approach to ministry. Our desire is to bring value to people, and provide avenues for them to lead as the Lord calls in various areas. We train much, we love much, we live by example and partner with our leaders to fulfill the great commission, and to bring the real Jesus to a lost and broken world. New beginnings is not a statement, it is an action, a reality, a fulfillment of scriptural truth applied to life.
To Equip, Empower, and Enable believers to fulfill thier calling, and use their God goven giftings to glorify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Ephesians 4
To preach the Word of God, while training and encouraging believers to walkin the fulness of the power of God as the Holy Spirit directs their lives. Mark 17
We desire to further the Kingdom of God, not the Kingdom of man, by making disciples that make disciples. Matthew 28
To bring people to the understanding and acceptance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as they Begin anew John 3
· In the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of the Scriptures as originally given.
· There is one God, Eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (I John 5:7)
· In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory, to rule a thousand years. (John 1:1; Luke 1:26-38; Hebrews 7:26; John 2:11; II Corinthians 5:15; John 20:26-31; Acts 1:9; I Thessalonians 4:16, 17; Revelation 20:1-6)
· In the Blessed Hope - the rapture of the Church at Christ's coming. (I Thessalonians 4:16, 17)
· In the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
· That God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.)
· Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. (Titus 3:5)
· In water baptism by immersion in water, in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
· The redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
· In the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
· In the resurrection of both the saved and lost - the one to everlasting life, and the other everlasting damnation. (Revelation 20)
· God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.)
· The term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews
13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
· That any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.)
· We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31).
New Beginnings is a ministry with definite purpose and calling. Our goal is to fulfill the "Great Commision" of making disciples by reflecting to the very best of our ability the character of Jesus Christ, our Savior, the only pathway to heaven.